Another kind of mce_dll.ini limitation

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Hi Dave

I want to use both RecordingChannelName and ChannelName tags on the same screen but it doesn't work. Only one tag has the correct value. The other tag is Undefined for ChannelName or the same value as ChannelName for RecordingChannelName.

The related RecordingChannelNumber and ChannelNumber tags both return the right data in the same screen so I'm pretty sure my issue is not related to other vmccontroller related problems but with accessing the mce_dll.ini file.

May I ask that you looked into this ?

Thank you, and best regards

Charles

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Hi Charles,

this is a bit confusing. As far as I can tel the ChannelName is only set to undefined when the program starts. by RecordingChannel and ChannelNumber I assume you meant RecordingTrackNumber and TrackNumber?

I have found a bug where, when a new scheduled recording starts, the TrackNumber gets updated but not the ChannelName. I'll put in a fix for this if you can test it for me please.

Dave

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Charles,

I've uploaded cganhe set 10358 with this change. Let me know how it goes please.

Dave

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM

Dave,

I agree my description is somewhat confusing and upon more testing with the new dll I think I might also have confused myself as well ! And yes, you are right I meant to say RecordingTrackNumber and TrackNumber.

So here are the results of my testing with set 10358 done in a more proper phase of my circadian rythm :

RecordingChannelName outputs the correct string at all times. I would consider there is no problem with this tag.

ChannelName stops working when there is a recording session in progress. It gets locked to its current value (or "Invalid Channel Name" if it does not have a current value) and does not update itself. It resumes correct functionnality as soon as the recording session ends. Contrary to my previous claim, there is no link with using RecordingChannelName or its actual value or any other tag for that matter.

I hope I sound easier to understand this time !

Charles

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Charles,

Hopefully it's fixed this time. I've uploaded the change in change set 10429. As usual let me know please.

Regards,

Dave

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Indeed it's fixed. Well done !

Thanks !