MCE_dll.ini limit?

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:08 AM

After getting everything up and running, I decided to update my list of channels. I have a list of around 570-ish. Copied them in what I believe is the correct format and saved the ini. Started lcd smartie and was met with this error.

"Load of plugin failed: Plugin mce_dll.dll had an exception during Init: Access violation at address 68B01E44 in module 'mce_dll.dll'. Write of address 68B1304C"

My immediate assumption is there must be a limit to the number of channels you can have in the list so I started cutting the list down and around Line 363 everything loads fine. I uploaded a copy of my ini here http://www.easy-share.com/7F5D0FB8EEF311E09676002481FAD55A/MCE_dll.ini to test with if you need.

For anyone else who like me couldnt find an easy solution to exporting their list of channels. I did some googleing around and found mcbackup and used that to backup my channel list. After that I used excel and opened the first file (of 3) in my chosen folder for the backup. I then deleted all columns except those for channel number as well as callsign. it created a perfect list for me to copy and paste to text.

I found mcbackup here http://www.hack7mc.com/2010/04/mcbackup-3-0-brings-your-lineup-and-recordings-back.html .

Brian 

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Yep, there's a limit of 256 TV channels and 256 Radio channels which I thought would be enough but obviously I was wrong! It's done by a #define in the code so it's easy enough to change. I will change it to 1000 and put a check in the code so it reports if there are too many channels in the log file and doesn't crash. The limit isn't the channel number it's the total number of channels defined.  I'll probably do this and upload it later today.

Great tip for getting the channel list thanks. I'll update the documentation to include this and the limit.

Dave

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Brian,

I've uploaded change set 10231 (v0.9.18.18) in which i've increased the number of channels to 1024 and put in a check so it doesn't bomb. Download it and copy over the mce_dll.dll file to the smartie plugins directory. I've tested it as far as I can. (I don't have anything like 700 channels to select from - jealous!!). Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Dave

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Dave,

Downloaded and tested. All works as expected. Don't be too jealous, most channels aren't worth watching (foreign language, public access) so it just becomes more to sort through to find the good stuff.

Brian