Feature request : Radio station preset tag

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:16 AM

I'd like a tag that would retrieve the names I put for preset radio stations. Or a tag with similar functionnality as ChannelName and values set in mce_dll.ini ?

I'm aiming to make all my screens consistent to each other and this is a missing value. Thank you very much !

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Hi,

happy to do this but I don't have a radio tuner to test it with or to see what data is made available by mce. I need to know which tags are used to identify the radio channel when a channel is selected. It could be RadioFrequency or Tracknumber. Any chance you could find out for me pls.

You would need to run mce_tracer and check what messages are sent when you select the radio channel/preset and let me know.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Greetings Dave,

Here’s the output of MCE_Tracer when playing radio :

204 Connected (Build: 1.0.0 Clients: 2)

Volume=49

Mute=False

FS_Radio=True

Play=True

Radio=True

MediaName=96.5

MediaTime=65

RadioFrequency=96500000

TrackTime=64

DialogVisible=False

There is no preset name showing up, so I suppose this will work like ChannelName. It looks like either MediaName or RadioFrequency would work. However MediaName might be more suitable given how RadioFrequency behaves when selecting another station :

MediaName=89.9

======================================================================

MediaTime=0

RadioFrequency=96500000

RadioFrequency=89900000

MediaTime=77

RadioFrequency=89900000

I hope this information is somehow helpful. Thank you for looking into this.

Best regards,

Charles

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Charles,

I've uploaded change set 8163 (v0.9.18.14) which should include what you are after although I haven't been able to test it myself properly. you will need to put a new section at the end of the ini file starting with a line [Radio] then followed by lines containing the channel definitions e.g. 89.9 Radio 1 etc.

I've updated the documentation to show this. I've included the tag 'RadioChannel' to provide the currently selected radio channel name which by default is based on the MediaName. I've also added a tag RadioChannelTag which lets you change this to use RadioFrequency but remember the ini file will need to change to reflect this (e.g. using 89900 instead of 89.9. I'll let you figure out which works best.

Please let me know if you find any issues with this code and if possible it would be useful to have a copy of your ini file once you have it working.

Regards,

Dave

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:50 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I have tested the new tag both with MediaName and RadioFrequency and it's flawless. Hats off to you for yet more excellent work.

Stay tuned for the ini file !