Function 4, "Icon" display has extra character

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Hi.  Thanks for the effort on this.  I'm using build 7957.  I'm trying to use the Icon tag with the holdnscroll dll (from Limbo).  I want the media name to scroll on the right side, while the Icon stays put on the left.  The Icon tag displays two characters.  The first one is something like a double quote character with half a right parenthesis.  The second character displayed is the correct character (block for stop, arrow for play, etc).

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?  I suppose I could define actions based on the integer values for Play, Pause, Stop, etc and then define my own custom characters, but I thought it was a good idea to report this problem.

Thanks again,

Brian - Florida, USA

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:57 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Sorry.  Upon further investigation, it is a bug in holdnscroll.  Apparently, holdnscroll doesn't like special characters.  My solution is to display the icon, followed by a blank, followed by holdnscroll with a static string of a null string, and 18 characters scrolling with the media name.

I have a 2x20 display, so I wanted the Icon, followed by a blank space, followed by 18 scrolling characters with the title of the media that is currently playing.

Here's my display line:

$dll(MCE_dll.dll,4,Icon,) $dll(holdnscroll.dll,1,,18/$dll(MCE_dll.dll,4,MediaName,))