Function clarification

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Can you provide some clarification on functions 1,2, & 11.  I currently don't have a real LCD screen yet, and have just been trying to setup LCD smartie to see if it can do what I want for my HTPC.  I am using v0.9.10.1.  The documentation states for function 1:

Function 1 returns my interpretation of the first display line for a 2x16 display

I read this to be, return what is currently being displayed on the LCD for line 1.

Now I know that in v0.9.10.1 it will display “Windows 7 HTPC” if media center not running.  However once media center is running, I get undefined.

For example.  If my LCD smartie screen settings is as follows

Hello World
$dll(MCE_dll.dll,1,,)

If media center was running I would expect to see on the display:

Hello World
Hello World

But instead i get

Hello World
Undefined

if i use $dll(MCE_dll.dll,2,,) i get

Hello World
current time

if i use $dll(MCE_dll.dll,11,,) i get

Hello World
Media Center (or whatever media center is on)

Function 4 works as I expect.  I'm still poking around and learning LCD smartie.  My ultimate goal is to have actions set up so that when something happens in media center (show starts recording, channel change, fast forward, etc) the screen changes to reflect what happened, then goes back to showing the clock.

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Hi,

looks like you have found a bug. Function 1 appears to work okay if you run LCDSmartie after Media Center has started.

The value returned for function 1 should be my interpretation of what should be displayed as the media center status on the first line of a display (so it should show "Media Center" or "Videos" or similar. This is very similar to function 11 except that Function 11 uses Media Centers internal value for SessionStatus to decide what should be displayed. Please let me know if this is still not clear.

I'll look into the bug a bit further anyway.

Thanks,

Dave

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM

OK,  I see how that works now.

While you are doing some bug clean up.  I think I found a few errors in the documentation.

some functions are listed as

$dll((MCE_dll.dll,1,,)

I belive there is an extraneous "(" and it should read:

$dll(MCE_dll.dll,1,,)

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 8:48 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM

These should be fixed in change set 6400 v0.9.11.1. I'd be grateful for those who can verify this.

Dave